Live Chat Support Service is one of the hottest modern business trends. All website owners are integrating live chat support services, to get a deeper insight into buying behaviors. Are you also thinking about getting live chat support services, and need information about chat agents? Have you even successfully integrated live chat support, and want to know, how to use it in an efficient manner?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, this post is for you. We will discuss in detail about live chat working, and when and how to use it. After reading, you will better understand, how live chat support adds to the business value.
How Does It Work?
Live chat enables you to instantly communicate with your website visitors via instant messaging. Let us see how it works on a basic level. The instant messaging part of the software works in the same way as a normal desktop messaging application like Skype; however, the website visitor does not need any special software installed. The chat simply appears within their browser window, and the website visitor can effectively chat with an operator by typing into the live chatbox.
Significance of Live Chat Support
Any opportunity to have more interaction with your customers and answer their questions quickly is one of the best plus points; you can get as a business owner. May be nothing else can be this effective in winning customer’s trust. However, here are some particular benefits you may not know about.
- Customers love to live chat and look at it as an important website feature.
- Live chat can effectively reduce costs and traffic of incoming emails.
- Live chat can boost up sales.
- If your competitors are not doing it then you can get the best competitive edge.
- Live chat enables you to better understand your customers, which in the long run will result in better products and more business.
When should you use Live Chat?
- When you have at least one operator who will be available for the majority of the working day.
- These operators are called chat support agents. If you cannot hire a chat support agent, live chat support would be of no use. To use Live Chat Support effectively, Chat support agent should be online and available to take chats for a reasonable amount of time each day.
- When you intend to increase your conversion rate or capture interested people who may otherwise simply leave the site.
- If you want to follow traffic and page views in ‘real-time’ to figure out how your site is being used.
- When you are interested in being more proactive in supporting your customers and learning more about their needs.
We just listed some of the benefits, but there are a lot of more. The more you use it, the more you will understand its potential. You will see how it can be slotted into your existing sales, support different departments, and have the best results. Many chat agents even support different departments or tiers for your customer service so that you can assign a visitor to the most suitable operator automatically.
Features of Live Chat Support
As an addition to basic text-based chat, live chat tools offer a number of other features. All of those features help you control your chats, share your workload and understand more about your website visitors and its traffic. It may also include:
- Data analytics about your customer’s location.
- Data analytics about the language your audience speaks.
- It can also provide information about their habits. For example the pages they have viewed and the number of times they have visited your website.
- It also provides transcripts of archived chats.
- You will have operator-initiated chats and automatic chat prompts.
- Multiple operators chatting is also possible, so you can pass chats to different team members.
- Automatic translation of multilingual chats is one of the best features.
- You can get skins and themes to make the real-time match your own website.
- Screen Sharing
- Automatic Page Redirection
- There are a lot of offline tools, such as a contact form when no operators are available
- Integrated voice chat tools
- VOIP technology
However, these numbers of features can vary based on the product and package you have chosen.
Some Practical Advice
Let us look at some things, which must be kept in mind when you implement live chat.
- Never ever, leave customers waiting. Nothing is more annoying for a website visitor than waiting around to be served in a store.
- Make sure people who handle the live chats (chat support agents) are able to solve customer’s problems most of the time. It is nothing like a support ticket, people are there waiting live and it is depressing to be told every time that you need to log a ticket.
- Think of it as an opportunity. Every time a customer starts a chat, it is a great opportunity to learn more about their needs and how they use the product. Make sure your operators can deal with it efficiently.
- If you are being asked the same questions repeatedly, and your chat software supports it, then canned responses can be handy.
- To have more website visitors engage in a chat, try automatic triggers. They send an opening message after they have visited a certain amount or type of pages.
TransData specializes in providing pro-level live chat support services. Contact today to generate leads. All processes would be simple, clear and straightforward. Our distinguishing features include providing access to the chat transcripts, customized support, and live chat software.
It is critical to reaching out to the visitors when they visit your website as effective communication can transform these visitors into permanent and prospective clients. We employ the latest technological tools to create contact points between you and your prospective clients. You can get high quality tailored communications to engage users and augment your customer care services, by outsourcing your chat support feature.